Shock Rod Shaft Diameter (A) - 40mm
- 1 pair (2) Coilover Lifts
- Full set of spring hat offset spacers
- Installation centring cone
Pricing is in Canadian dollars. Coilovers not included.
- MY CAR IS SET AT AN AGGRESSIVE TRACK HEIGHT. WILL THIS HELP ME GET INTO MY STEEP DRIVEWAY AT HOME WITHOUT SCRAPING MY BUMPER?
- YES! This was the need that led HYBRIDair to come into existence. You will be able to drive your car anywhere without worrying about speed bumps, steep driveways or rough construction zones. This will open up parts of your city that you previously would not have been able to traverse.
- DO I NEED TO PURCHASE A SPECIFIC BRAND OF COILOVER?
- HYBRIDair can install easily to almost any coilover. Choose the brand that best suits your needs and augment with HYBRIDair to add versatility. Want to check if we have a kit for your particular model of coilover? Drop us a line!
- WILL HYBRID AIR AFFECT MY HANDLING DYNAMICS?
- No! When deflated, the full weight of your car rests back down on your coilovers. In this state, the HYBRIDair system is 100% sprung weight. You won't even know they are there! Even when inflated, the effective cummulative spring rate does not change significantly, so if a rough road comes your way you'll be happy to drive on with the additional ride height.
- WHY WOULD I CHOOSE HYBRIDAIR OVER A PERFORMANCE AIR RIDE SYSTEM?
- There is no question that air ride has come a long way in the last few years. Performance air ride systems use sophisticated dynamic management systems and skyjacked dampening settings to improve driving dynamics. The issue they cannot address is the relationship between ride height and spring rate. If you like to drive your car low, the effective spring rate is simply way too soft for the ride height, and the experience is not pleasant. If you've driven low in an air ride equipped vehicle you know exactly what we're talking about, and the performance systems are no different when operated in this capacity. HYBRIDair quite simply takes all the benefits a properly spec'd coilover system and adds dynamic ride height adjustment. When you need the extra height you use it, and at 0 PSI it's like it's not even there.
- CAN I INSTALL IT MYSELF?
- If you installed your coilovers, you can install HYBRIDair.
- HOW MUCH HEIGHT WILL THIS ADD TO MY COILOVER ONCE INSTALLED?
- HOW WILL I NEED TO MODIFY MY EXISTING SET UP?
- There is NO extra height added to the coilover when the HYBRIDair system is deflated. No need for shorter springs, or even to adjust your collar positions. If you run helper springs normally we recommend retaining them when adding HYBRIDair into the mix.
- WHAT KIND OF AIR MANAGEMENT DO I NEED?
- We have tailored 'The Hideaway' kit to specifically exploit the unique advantages of our coilover lifts. It is a simple, compact, economical way to control your lifts. You don't have to go with our kit, but it can serve as inspiration of what approach works best for most applications. Check out our Shop for more info!
- WHAT'S WITH THE MAXIMUM LIFT HEIGHT RANGE?
- HYBRIDair units allow a full 5" of lift, however the car will only lift as high as the coilover rod will allow. To gauge an idea of how high your car will lift, use a vehicle jack to raise your car to just before the wheel leaves the ground. Typically, the lower you have your coilovers adjusted, the more range of adjustment HYBRIDair will provide. Owners with coilovers featuring threaded lower mounts can contact us for tips on how to get more range out of your system.
- IS IT REBUILDABLE?
- Yes! We can sell you a refresh kit which includes all seals and specialty tools needed to complete the job. In a day hobbyists can expect to complete the job in their driveway, including the removal and re-installation of the coilovers. The HYBRIDair units are very robust, and the factory seals will likely outlast your coilovers themselves.
- WHAT ABOUT INVERTED TUBE COILOVERS?
- While we don't have an off-the-shelf solution for inverted tube applications, we can accommodate a custom build for your specific application. Contact us for more info!